Rice cooker is one of the most useful kitchen gadget if you know how to use it. It can use to cook rice (ya I am afraid u don’t know haha), soup, congee, bake cake.
Being the noob me, I only know how to cook rice with it. Haha but recently, there’s this trend on tomato rice! It’s healthier and more yummy than white rice.
But my version, I put white button mushroom and lean pork meat to give it more oomph!
I can say it is a success recipe! It is easy basically just wash, cut and throw in and let the cooker do its own magic!
I can almost foresee that this shall be one of my favourite and go-to recipe if I am lazy!
- 1 tomato (duhz haha)
- 250-300g lean pork
- 4 White button mushroom
- Oil (2-3 Tbsp)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Pepper (3 dash)
- Stock (optional). I used one tbsp scallop stock. You can replace with chicken stock.
- 2-3 cups rice
- Cut meat into small cubes. Marinate with light soya sauce, pepper, salt. Leave for 1-2 hours.
- Wash rice (can water plants with the rice water.. Environmental friendly ya!)
- remove tomato stem, cut cross on top
- Wash and slice white button mushroom
- Put usual amount of water u use to cook rice into rice cooker. Then remove 6-8 tbsp of water.. (This is most important step because tomato will produce water. You don’t want wet rice unless u don’t mind!)
- Put all into rice cooker with oil, salt and pepper and stock.
- Serve! (Tip: I drizzled a bit of sesame oil to enhance the fragrance)