My first time steaming cake using my magical electric lunch box!
I adapted this recipe from usagimummy. Is easy and is quite nice for a beginner!
- 1/2 cup self raising flour (or 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder from usagimummy)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used virgin coconut oil for the coconut taste and healthier!)
1. In a bowl, put in the egg, milk honey and oil. Use a fork or whisk to mix well.
2. Pour self raising flour into the wet mixture
3. Use a spatula to mix well. Do not overmix. Just ensure it is well combined.
4.Steam for about 10 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when poked.
Tips: I tried putting Nutella in my second batch and it makes a world of difference to my steam cake taste the second round! Try it! Put half the batter in first then a bit of Nutella then another half batter in and steam!
P/S : you can get it here!